Sunday, May 2, 2010

Book Review: Death by Meeting - Patrick Lencioni

The book is written in the story of a fable and gives some great examples of how to bring energy, creativity, drama and effectiveness to your meetings.

Reading it was sobering and eye opening. I find meetings that I chair very beneficial because it is an easy way for me to gather information and get up to speed with everything happening around the organization, but what about those that attend the meetings? Are my meetings conducted in such a way as to engage everyone in it? Do I lead it in a way that people look forward to it?

According to Lencioni (and I am convinced of his case) meetings can be conducted in a dynamic, passionate and focused way that can bring about synergy, creativity and collaborative action plans. He also gives some great ideas as to how to set it into motion. It is certainly an easy and worthwhile read.

No comments:

Post a Comment